Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership
This qualification is aimed at practising or aspiring managers and leaders who are typically accountable to a senior manager or business owner. The primary role of a practising or aspiring manager and leader is to lead and manage individuals and teams to deliver aims and objectives in line with organisational strategy.
The Diploma gives you a fully comprehensive bank of the skills and knowledge required to be a manager as part of an organisation, as well as the ability to apply your learning in the context of another organisation or industry sector.
- Principles of Management and Leadership in an Organisational Context
- Principles of Developing, Managing and Leading Individuals and Teams to Achieve Success
- Managing Stakeholder Relationships
- Managing Projects to Achieve Results
- Managing Change
- Creating and Delivering Operational Plans
- Managing Finance
- Using Reflective Practice to Inform Personal and Professional Development
Assessment is via practical work-based assignments provided by us. This ensures you minimise time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation’s context.
On successful completion of a Level 5 Qualification in Management and Leadership, a number of progression opportunities become available:
- Enhance your professional status by upgrading your CMI membership
- Progress to other qualifications at the same level (e.g. from Level 5 Diploma to Level 5 Extended Diploma etc.)
- Progress to other qualifications at the next level (e.g. from Level 5 Diploma to Level 6 or 7 Certificate or Diploma)
- Apply to become a Chartered Manager
Learners who are aspiring to a management role may progress to roles such as:
- Operations Manager
- Divisional Manager
- Departmental Manager
- Regional Manager
- Specialist Manager
To find out more please download the following Factsheet;
You can also consult our Frequently Asked Questions here.