Level 3 Award in Management and Leadership
This qualification is aimed at practising or aspiring first line managers or team leaders who are typically accountable to a middle manager in their organisation. The primary role of a practising or aspiring first line manager is to lead and manage individuals and teams to deliver aims and objectives in line with organisational strategy.
This Award gives you a range of basic skills and knowledge required to be a first line manager as part of an organisation, as well as the ability to apply your learning in the context of another organisation or industry sector.
- Managing a Team to Achieve Results
- Building Stakeholder Relationships using Effective Communication
- Contributing to a Delivery of a Project
- Managing Daily Activities to Achieve Results
- Managing Budgets and Resources
Assessment is via practical work-based assignments provided by us. This ensures you minimise time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation’s context.
On successful completion of this Level 3 Qualification in the Principles of Management and Leadership, a number of progression opportunities become available:
- Enhance your professional status by upgrading your CMI membership
- Progress to other qualifications at the same level (e.g. from Level 3 Award to Level 3 Certificate etc.)
- Progress to other qualifications at the next level (e.g. from Level 3 Award to Level 4 or 5 Award or Certificate)
- Apply to become a Chartered Manager
Learners who are aspiring to a management role may progress to roles such as:
- Operations Manager
- Divisional Manager
- Departmental Manager
- Regional Manager
- Specialist Manager
To find out more please download the following Factsheet;
You can also consult our Frequently Asked Questions here.